Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Distant Community Final Color


I finally finished the color; I've been working on it most of this evening (or really this morning). I have a few issues with my color job; it's lacking value in specific places. The heads of the girls were supposed to have a translucent quality and I don't think I quite captured that. I based my palette on that of Byzantine art, but the one thing I forgot to address were the ornate patterns of that era. Illustrating a patterned, illuminated manuscript type backdrop would really bring this piece together. I also keep neglecting a few techniques in digital art that allow for easier coloring in general, and I need to keep working that way. My coloring gets worse and worse each time since I feel as though I'm creating shortcuts when really I'm creating a huge mess (most of my time working on a piece is spent cleaning up lines and screens). I've definitely learned a lesson from this one.

1 comment:

  1. Lookin good! I really like this piece- the color choices are great, and i'm really digging the negative space, makes for a nice, clean composition.

    ReplyDelete