Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Golem And The Cockroach

So I think I should go ahead and post some of the things I'm working on right now. I'm really, really stressed out but things are coming along. Here's a quick peak on what I'm working on:



This is a painting I'm working on right now. I feel it's important to address the Western fear of robotic uprising. It's not entirely done yet, but I thought it would be worth posting to see my progression. The colors are also a little off, so I hope next time around I get a better scan.


This is another painting I'm working on right now, although it's a little more finished than the golem. My thesis is folklore in the modern era and the comparison of our present superstitions with past ones. This piece is comparing a computer virus to a cockroach, which holds interesting tyrannical and metamorphosing qualities in Russian folklore. Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment